Veggie Pulao | Vegetable Rice
Pulao is an easy one pot rice dish prepared using rice, vegetables & spices. This dish is perfect for lunch box or for a party. There are few different variations of making Pulao, I am sharing my version of this delicacy.
- Grind all ingredients listed under masala to smooth paste.
- Wash & soak Basmati rice in 2 cups water for 30 minutes.
- Cut onion lengthwise & tomato to small pieces.
- Vegetables – can use beans, carrots, peas, potato, cauliflower and baby corn.
- Heat Ghee & oil in a kadai. Sauté Bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, Star Anise on a medium flame for few seconds.
- Add thinly sliced onions & sauté until the onion turn golden brown.
- Add grinded masala paste & sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- In goes the tomato & cut vegetables. Continue sautéing for 2 more minutes.
- Add water (approx. 1.5 cup) which was used to soak basmati rice, wait until it comes to boil and add salt as required.
- Rice needs to be added now and close the kadai with lid, let it cook in low flame for 15 min.
- After 15 min let it cool for 10 min and mix gently. Serve with onion tomato raita.