Vegetables in Hot Garlic Sauce
There is a huge difference between the authentic Chinese recipes and the Indo Chinese version. This is yet another Indo Chinese recipe to be served as a gravy to fried rice or Noodles.
- 1 Onion
- 2 tbsp Chopped spring onion whites
- 2 tbsp Spring Onion Greens & to garnish
- 1 small Capsicum
- 1 small Carrot
- 1 cup Broccoli floret
- 10 Mushroom
- 10 Baby corn
- 1 tsp Chopped Garlic
- 1 tsp Chopped Ginger
- 2 Slit Green chillies
- 1 tbsp Chilli garlic paste
- 1 tbsp Tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp Soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Corn flour
- 2 tsp Oil
- ¼ tsp Sugar
- Salt to taste
- Water approx. 2 cup
- Cube onion & capsicum into 1*1 pieces.
- Cut baby corn & carrot into 1 inch pieces.
- Cut mushroom into 4 pieces. (I’ve used button mushrooms)
- Heat oil in a wok, add chopped garlic and ginger sauté for few seconds in high flame till brown.
- Add spring onion white & cubed onion. Fry for few seconds.
- Then add all vegetables – capsicum, carrot, baby corn, mushroom, broccoli florets and toss them for few minutes.
- Add approx. 2 cup water to wok.
- Then add chilli garlic paste, tomato ketchup, sugar & salt to taste. Mix well & let the sauce come to boil.
- Meanwhile, mix cornflour with few tbsp of water without lumps.
- Once sauce come to boil, pour cornflour water & stir continuously to avoid forming of lumps. This help in thinking the sauce.
- Further cook it in high flame for few more minutes. Make sure vegetables are not overcooked.
- Lastly add spring onion greens & give a final mix.
- Garnish with few more spring onion greens & serve with Fried rice or Noodles.