Vegetable Bath | Vegetable Rice
This is a compulsory Sunday breakfast at my mother’s house. Grandmother thought this dish to my mother & I learnt it from her.
- Chop one Onion & Tomato Roughly, keep it aside (this is for masala paste)
- Rinse & cut vegetables.
- Wash & soak Basmati rice in 1.5 cup water for 30 min.
- Cut onion lengthwise & tomato to small pieces set aside for bath preparation.
- Wash & cut methi (fenugreek) leaves.
- Heat oil in kadai, sauté onion & green chills till onions are light brown.
- Grind Sautéed onion green chillies along with all other ingredients listed under masala paste ingredients list to smooth paste.
- Heat oil in kadai, add mustard, once they splutter, add curry leaves.
- Add onions & sauté until its golden brown & then goes the Ginger garlic paste. Sauté until intense smell of ginger garlic paste is gone.
- Add chopped methi (fenugreek) leaves & sauté till it wilt or stir it for 1 minute.
- Add tomato & cook until its soft.
- Add chopped vegetables & sauté for 2 minutes.
- Pour the grind masala paste & sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add water (approx. 1.5 cup) which was used to soak basmati rice, wait until it comes to boil and add salt as required.
- Rice needs to be added now and close the kadai with lid, let it cook in low flame for 15 min.
- After 15 min let it cool for 10 min and mix gently.
- Serve with Onion Tomato Raita.