Saarina Pudi | Udupi Rasam Powder
Preparation of rasam varies from region to region. Today am posting the recipe of udupi style rasam powder or saarina pudi. This rasam powder is also used to prepare Gojju Avalakki & many other stir fries. Unlike other rasam powder here we don’t use black pepper & roasting spices in coconut oil enhances its flavour.
- Heat 1 tsp coconut oil in a pan, add red chillies & curry leaves, roast till they are crispy. Set aside.
- Next roast coriander seeds, cumin & fenugreek seeds one by one.
- Let all the roasted ingredients come down to room temperature.
- Then powder them together to fine powder.
- Store it in an air tight container.