Roasted Red Pepper Sauce Pasta
Creamy, savoury and subtly sweet roasted pepper sauce makes a perfect dish for busy weeknights and to save even more time, you can make the sauce in advance and keep it in your fridge or freezer.
Roasting red bell peppers
- Cook Top : Roast them directly on the cook top until they are nicely charred. Keep them in a bowl and cover for 5-7 minutes. This will help in removing the skin. Now peel the skin, cut them, remove the seeds and roughly chop the roasted peppers.
- Oven : Preheat oven to 180°C. Cut peppers in half and remove the seeds & stalks. Apply few drops of oil to peppers & arrange them on baking tray. Put it in the oven & roast until charred (about 30-40 minutes). Keep them in a bowl and cover for 5-7 minutes. This will help in removing the skin. Now peel the skin & roughly chop.
- Boil pasta as per package instructions. Drain & add little oil toss well. Set aside.
- Now heat oil in a pan, add chopped garlic & onion. Sauté until onion is translucent.
- Add roasted chopped peppers & red chilli flakes. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Now transfer this mixture to blending jar along with salt, pepper powder & Italian herbs. Grind this to smooth paste.
- Transfer it back to pan & cook in low flame for 2 minutes. Adjust the spices as per your taste.
- Add cooked pasta & cream to sauce. Stir well & cook for a minutes.
- Serve hot with some freshly chopped basil & shredded parmesan.