Raw Banana Fry
This is a quick and easy dish prepared using raw firm banana. It tastes amazing with rasam rice or sambar rice. Raw banana is cut into slices, tossed with oil, salt & spice powders, then cooked on tawa till golden & crispy.
- Wash & peel the skin of raw banana. Slice and add them to a bowl of water to cover them. This keeps raw bananas from turning dark.
- In a mixing bowl, take 1 tbsp oil, salt, turmeric, red chilli, coriander, cumin, garam masala & amchur powder. Mix everything well.
- Marinade raw banana slices with prepared spice mixture for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat dosa tawa, drizzle a tbsp oil & arrange slices on it.
- Cover & cook for 2 minutes then flip and cook until they are nicely brown & crisp. Cook them in medium to low flame, this helps slices to become crisp.
- Once done transfer them to bowl, sprinkle chat masala & toss well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves & serve.