Rava Dose | Semolina Dose
Rava/Semolina dose is a very popular South Indian breakfast.
- Take the rava, rice flour, green chilies, onion, coriander leaves, crushed black pepper and sour curd in a mixing bowl.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a small frying pan. Crackle the mustard seeds, then add the cumin and curry leaves. Sauté for a few seconds.
- Add this tempering mixture along with the oil to the other ingredients in the bowl. Add salt.
- Pour water and make a thin batter without any lumps. The batter should not be thick or of medium consistency. Set aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat a dose griddle & drizzle few drops of oil. Take ladle full of batter spill little by little on the griddle.
- Cover it and cook for 1 minute or until its golden brown.
- Serve with coconut chutney & sagu.