Ragi Rotti | Finger millets flat bread
Ragi or Finger millets is one of the staple grain of Karnataka. Ragi is well known for it’s nutritional values and health benefits. Ragi rotti is prepared using ragi flour, onion, green chilli and curry leaves.
- In a mixing bowl add Ragi/finger millet flour, onion, green chillies, grated coconut, coriander leaves, curry leaves & salt. Add needed water and combine all these together and prepare soft dough.
- Divide the dough into equal parts. Grease a rotti/dose griddle with oil and keep it ready.
- Take a ball of dough and spread it evenly and as thinly as possible. You can grease your fingers with water to make spreading easier.
- Drizzle some oil & cook both sides till it's golden brown.
- Serve hot with butter, curd, pickle or chutney.