Paneer Manchurian Dry
This Indo-Chinese dish is one of the favourite dish at my home. Grilled Paneer or Cottage cheese cubes coated with spicy, tangy sauce.
- 200 grams Paneer/Cottage cheese
- 1 tbsp Corn flour
- 1 tbsp All Purpose Flour/Maida
- 1 Red or Green Bell pepper/Capsicum
- 1 small Onion
- 2 Green chillies
- 5 Garlic pods
- 2-3 tbsp Spring Onion whites
- 2 tsp Dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- ½ tsp Pepper powder
- ½ tsp Red chilli powder
- 4 tsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup Spring Onion Greens (finely chopped)
- Cube Paneer, Onion & Bell peppers. Finely chop Spring onion whites, green chillies & Garlic.
- Take paneer cubes in a mixing bowl, add all-purpose flour, corn flour, red chilli powder & salt. Mix & Toss well.
- Grill or shallow fry the paneer cubes turning occasionally for even cooking. Once they are light golden brown from all the sides, remove & keep aside. (deep frying paneer cubes make them dense so I always grill them on non-stick grill pan)
- Heat 1 tsp oil in wok or wide pan, fry garlic for a minute.
- Add chopped green chillies & spring onion whites sauté well.
- Add bell pepper cubes & sauté till they wilts slightly.
- Add onion cubes & sauté for few seconds.
- Now add soy sauce, salt & pepper, cook for a minute.
- Add grilled or fried paneer cubes to wok and mix well. Make sure paneer cubes are coated with all the sauces.
- Add vinegar & sauté for one more minute.
- Lastly add finely chopped spring onion greens & serve hot.