Palak Tambuli | Spinach Yogurt Curry
Tambuli or Tambli is very famous Karnataka dish. Tambli can be prepared using various spices & greens. Here am using Palak, which is rich in iron & very well known for its nutritional value.
- Wash Palak leaves and green chillies. Set aside.
- Heat ½ tbsp ghee in pan, add jeera, pepper pods & asafoetida. Sauté for few seconds.
- Add green chilli & Palak leaves to pan. Sauté till Palak leaves are wilted. Let this mixture cool a bit.
- Now grind sautéed palak mixture, coconut & salt to smooth paste using little water.
- Remove the ground mixture to a bowl and add curd or buttermilk. Mix it well.
- Heat remaining ½ tbsp ghee in tadka pan, add jeera, let it sizzle. Then add curry leaves to it.
- Add tadka to Tambuli & serve with rice.