Palak Pappu | Spinach Dal
Palak Pappu (Spinach Dal) is a delicious & simple dal recipe using spinach greens. It is one of the classic Andhra dish.
- Wash and cut palak/spinach leaves into big pieces.
- Chop Onions & tomatoes roughly.
- Pressure cook toor dal, palak, onion, tomato, green chilli, tamarind & turmeric powder to 2 whistle.
- Once pressure subsides, open the cooker add salt to taste & mash the cooked palak dal mixture using wooden whisk or masher.
Tadka (this is the step which enhance the taste of dal so I suggest not to skip)
- Heat oil/ghee in tadka pan, add mustard & let it crackle.
- Add minced garlic & lightly fry them.
- In goes the channa dal & urad dal fry until its golden brown.
- Add Jeera, dry red chilli & curry leaves, fry for few seconds.
- Add this tadka to dal & combine them together.
- Serve the dal with steaming hot rice.