Ondelaga Tambuli | Brahmi Yogurt Curry
Brahmi is called “Ondelaga” in kannada & it is a powerhouse of nutrients. This plant has no taste or smell & it grows well in a moist soil conditions. Tambuli can be had as a spiced buttermilk or can also relish with rice.
- Wash Brahmi/Ondelaga leaves and green chillies. Set aside.
- Heat ½ tbsp ghee in pan, add jeera, pepper pods & sauté for few seconds.
- Add green chilli & brahmi leaves to pan. Sauté till brahmi leaves are wilted. Let this mixture cool a bit.
- Now grind sautéed brahmi mixture, coconut, asafoetida & salt to smooth paste using little water.
- Remove the ground mixture to a bowl and add curd or buttermilk. Mix it well.
- Heat remaining ½ tbsp ghee in tadka pan, add jeera, let it sizzle. Then add curry leaves & dried red chill to it.
- Add tadka to Tambuli & serve as a spiced buttermilk or as a side dish to rice.