Molake Kalu Palya | Mixed sprouts sabzi
A healthy and nutritious subzi recipe prepared using mixed sprouts. This subzi can be ideally served with chapathi or roti.
- 1 cup Mixed sprouts
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 1 Tomato finely chopped
- 2 Green chillies finely chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- Few Curry leaves
- ½ tsp Mustard seeds
- ¾ tsp Red chilli powder
- ½ tsp Jeera/Cumin powder
- ½ tsp Coriander powder
- ¼ tsp Turmeric powder
- ½ tsp Garam masala powder
- 2 tsp finely chopped Coriander leaves
- 2 tsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- Water as required
- Heat oil in pan add mustard, once they splutter, add curry leaves. Fry for few seconds.
- Add onion & green chillies, sauté till onions are golden brown. Then add the ginger garlic paste. Sauté until intense smell of ginger garlic paste is gone.
- Add finely chopped tomato & cook until soft.
- Now add spice powders (turmeric, red chilli, coriander, cumin & garam masala). Sauté till tomato & spice mixture start releasing oil.
- In goes the sprouts, fry for 2-3 minutes. Then add water approx. 1 cup & cook in medium flame stirring frequently.
- When sprouts are half cooked, add salt to taste & water (if required). Continue to cook until sprouts are completely done.
- I prefer palya/sabzi to be little dry, so I cook until all water & moisture evaporate.
- Finally add chopped coriander & give a good mix.
- Serve along with roti, jowar roti or chapathi.