Molake Hurali Kalu Saaru | Sprouted Horse Gram Sambar
This is an authentic Karnataka dish and is made using sprouted horse gram along with potatoes & brinjals. This curry is best relisted with Ragi Mudde.
- Heat oil in pan sauté onion & red chillies till onions are light brown.
- Add jeera, mix well & turn off the flame. Let this mixture come down to room temperature. Transfer the mixture to grinding jar.
- Grind Onion, red chilli, jeera mixture along with Coriander powder, coriander seeds, Coconut, poppy seeds, tomato & coriander leaves to smooth paste.
- Heat ghee in Kadai, add mustard, once they splutter, add curry leaves & hing. Fry for few seconds.
- Add sprouted horse gram, cubed potato & cubed brinjal to temper. Saute in medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Now add masala paste & required water to bring the sambar to desired consistency. Let it cook until hurali kalu/horse gram are ¾ cooked.
- Add salt to taste & jiggery & cook it in medium to low flame until hurali kalu/horse gram is cooked completely.
- Serve hot with Ragi Mudde or Rice.