Matar Paneer | Green Peas Cottage Cheese Curry
This is classic north Indian Punjabi dish. It’s a combination of paneer and green peas in a mild spicy onion tomato curry.
- Grind all ingredients listed under “Masala paste” to smooth paste. Set aside.
- Heat oil in kadai, add jeera/cumin, let it splutter.
- Then add ground masala paste & sauté for 10-12 minutes.
- Add all spice powder (Turmeric, Red chilli & Garam masala) & sauté till onion tomato & spice mixture start releasing oil.
- Add fresh green peas, water & salt to kadai. Cook for another 10 minutes or until peas are completely cooked.
- If the curry appears thin, then simmer till it reaches to desired consistency. If it appears thick, then add some water & simmer.
- Once it reaches to desired consistency add cream & paneer cubes, cook for 2 minutes. You can add ½ tsp sugar to curry to give slight sweet taste.
- Garnish with coriander leaves & serve hot.