Kobri Metai | Coconut Burfi
A popular Indian sweet made with coconut. It is important to use freshly grated coconut which enhance the flavour & also provides the richness to this delicacy.
- In a saucepan, add sugar & water, heat it over a medium flame until sugar dissolves.
- Boil the sugar mixture until it reaches to two string consistency. (drop few drops of sugar syrup to cold water, if it holds its shape then it’s at the right consistency).
- Add freshly grated coconut to sugar syrup, mix well & cook for 2 minutes.
- Then add Almond powder & Ghee. Cook on medium heat. Continue stirring frequently to prevent the mixture from sticking to the pan.
- In about 10-12 minutes mixture will thicken & it starts separating from pan.
- Add cardamom powder & give a final mix.
- Transfer the coconut burfi mixture to a tray or steel plate greased with ghee.
- Level the burfi mixture & cut them to desired size while it is still warm.
- Once cooled completely, serve coconut burfi or store in airtight container.