Jeera Rice | Cumin Rice
Jeera/Cumin rice is prepared with some whole spices and cumin seeds flavour, can be prepared very instantly and easily.
- Wash & soak basmati rice in 1.5 cup for 30 minutes.
- Heat Ghee/oil in a kadai. Sauté Bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, jeera on a medium flame until jeera crackle.
- Add thinly sliced onions, silt green chillies. Sauté until the onion turn golden.
- Add water (approx. 1.5 cup) which was used to soak basmati rice, wait until it comes to boil and add salt as required.
- Rice needs to be added now and close the kadai with lid, let it cook in low flame for 15 min.
- After 15 min let it cool for 10 min and mix well.
- Serve with Dal fry or Dal tadka.