Hitikida avarekalu saaru | Skin peeled Hyacinth beans sambar
Skin peeled Hyacinth beans sambar is simple & delicious gravy and goes very well with rice & dose.
- Heat oil in pan sauté onion & red chillies till onions are light brown.
- Add jeera, mix well & turn off the flame. Let this mixture come down to room temperature. Transfer the mixture to grinding jar.
- In same pan fry 2 tsp bili hitikida avarekalu (white avarekalu). This helps to thicken the sambar.
- Grind Onion, red chilli, jeera mixture along with Coriander powder, Coriander seeds, Coconut, poppy seeds, tomato, coriander leaves & fried bili hitikida avarekalu to smooth paste.
- Heat ghee in Kadai, add mustard, once they splutter, add curry leaves & hing. Saute for few seconds.
- Add Hitikida avarekalu to temper & Saute in medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Now add masala paste & bring the sambar to desired consistency. Let it cook until avarekalu is ¾ done.
- Add required salt & jiggery & boil it until avarekalu is cooked completely.
- Serve hot with rice or mudde.