Dal Fry | Lentil Curry
This is a simple and easy recipe made with lentils. Dal is cooked using boiled lentils, onion, tomato & seasoned with spices.
- ½ cup Toor Dal
- ¼ cup Moong dal
- ¼ cup Masoor dal
- 1 tsp Jeera/Cumin seeds
- 6 Garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 Green chilli (finely chopped)
- 2 Dry red chillies
- 1 medium Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 medium Tomato (finely chopped)
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- ½ tsp Red chilli powder
- 2 tsp Ghee
- 2 tsp Coriander leaves (finely chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Water as required
- Pressure cook rinsed lentils (Toor, Moong & Masoor dal) along with turmeric powder to 3-4 whistles or until dal is soft.
- In a pan heat ghee, add jeera & let it sizzle.
- Once jeera is sizzled, add garlic, red chillies & chopped green chillies. Saute for a minute.
- Then add finely chopped onion & fry till its golden brown.
- Add chopped tomato, salt & red chilli powder. Cook until tomato is soft or till oil start to leave the masala mixture.
- Add cooked dal to onion tomato mixture & stir well.
- Add water & adjust the consistency of dal as desired.
- Simmer dal for 5-6 minutes in medium heat.
- Switch off the flame and add finely chopped coriander leaves & serve hot with roti, chapathi or rice.