Crispy Cajun Potatoes
Cooked baby potatoes are coated with spice mix & mayonnaise dressing. A super simple & quick starter if you are using ready mayonnaise.
- 20 Baby Potatoes
- 2 tbsp Oil
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Fresh cream (optional)
- ½ tsp Red chilli powder
- ½ tsp Cumin powder
- ¼ tsp Garlic powder
- ¼ tsp Chilli Flakes
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 small Onion (finely chopped)
- ½ tsp Lemon juice
- 2 tsp All Purpose Flour/Maida
- 2 tsp Coriander leaves (finely chopped)
- Finely chopped Spring Onion Greens (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Wash and clean the baby potatoes thoroughly.
- Pressure cook the potatoes with little salt until they are almost cooked.
- Once cooked, drain the water and slightly flatten the potatoes using your hand or a flat plate.
- Dust flattened potatoes with all-purpose flour.
- Heat oil in a wide pan & fry the potatoes on low flame until crisp on both the sides.
- In another bowl. Mix together mayonnaise & fresh cream.
- To this add all spice powders (red chilli, garlic, cumin, chilli flakes & Italian seasoning), cut onions, lemon juice, coriander leaves & salt. Mix well.
- Add the prepared dressing (mayonnaise spice mix) to fried potatoes & let it coat the potatoes well or Lay the fried potatoes in a plate & drizzle generous amount of dressing on each potato.
- Garnish with chopped spring onion greens & Serve hot.