Bendekai Palya | Okra Fry
Bendekai/Bhindi/Okra palya can be prepared in various ways but I like this recipe, as its tasty as well as very quick to make. This goes well with chapati’s, roti’s, naan & pulka.
- Heat oil in a pan add slit green chillies & sauté for few seconds.
- Add Ginger garlic paste & cook until intense smell of ginger garlic is gone.
- Add turmeric & chilli powder to pan, sauté for few more seconds.
- Add chopped Bhindi/Okra & salt, stir well. Cook until Bhindi/okra is half done.
- Add chopped onions to half cooked Bhindi/okra and sauté till onion is translucent.
- Do not cover the pan, while cooking the Bhindi.
- I usually turn the flame to high for last 2 minutes to crisp the Bhindi.
- Turn off the flame, serve it with Chapati’s, roti’s, naan or pulka's.