Aloo Methi | Potatoes with Fenugreek leaves
This is quick, simple & delicious dry vegetable side dish for chapathi & Roti. Potatoes and Fenugreek leaves are lovely combination together.
- Wash, peel the skin & cut potatoes into cubes. Put cut potatoes in enough water to cover them. This keeps potatoes from turning dark. Set aside.
- Clean & rinse methi leaves thoroughly & finely chop them.
- Heat oil in wide pan & add potato cubes.
- Sauté the potato cubes until they are crisp & golden brown from all sides. Drain them & set aside.
- In same pan, add cumin & chopped green chillies, sauté for a minute.
- Then goes chopped methi/fenugreek leaves, cook until greens wilt & completely cooked.
- Add cooked potato cubes to pan & mix well.
- Now add turmeric, red chilli, garam masala powder & salt. Mix well & cook in medium heat for few more minutes.
- Serve Aloo Methi with chapathi’s & roti’s.